Lake Isabella kite rules

Lake Isabella kite rules

Postby madmax7 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:20 pm

You would think this obvious by now, but leave to the few to mess it up for the rest!

The lake has a windsurfer association and they have done great things for us wind junkies!

A few days ago someone was teaching kiting to his 15 yo newbie, upwind at the aux Dam, when he sent his kite into a motor home.

One of the Wsurf community members asked him to teach his kid downwind. Of course this person paid no mind and continued!

Conversations have began to get the Lake Patrol involved, this is not the first time that "learning" kites have caused mayhem in that area.

This lake is not for learning, it has side off winds, that can shift side on in an instant. Also winds are rangy, 10 to 30 and 12 to 38! Not for the weak of heart!

Rules.
Stay downwind of windsurfers to launch, and the Ghetto is where we belong!
Buy a board pass!
As with any new spot, ask the regulars where you should be! And if a windsurfer asks you to go downwind (specially after you've crashed your kite on top of them as in last summer, or an RV as in last week) get the F*** downwind!

I ve enjoyed this natural resource since I began Wsurf 20 Years ago, now I kite more, but I do not want to loose my kite privileges, so

Please stay down wind !

Thank you, Max
madmax7

Re: Lake Isabella kite rules

Postby bbinhb » Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:23 am

Good info. What is the board pass? Who do you get them from. Thanks
bbinhb

Postby madmax7 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:45 am

Board pass

When driving in from the east headed west towards lake, last gas station on left side by grocery store

In town at the surplus store next to a grocery store,

You have to carry on you when in water, 1 per rider,

From windsurf days it use to be 1 per board, but local windsurf association convinced rangers to allow 1 per rider.

So if lake patrol asks please provide, if u wear a helmet, stick on to make it visible

Thanks, max
madmax7

Postby bbinhb » Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:04 pm

Thanks, great info.
bbinhb

Return to North America - West