Buy and Sell Your Gear via Facebook

Buy and Sell Your Gear via Facebook

Postby kiteboardingtampabay » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:47 pm

Thanks for your support!
Kiteboarding Tampa Bay (813) 389-3683
www.kiteboardingtampabay.com
Last edited by kiteboardingtampabay on Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
kiteboardingtampabay

Postby Addicted2it » Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:16 pm

Looks like a retail site to me.
Addicted2it

Postby kiteboardingtampabay » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:54 pm

I had a link to my online store on that page, but removed it to avoid confusion as something commercial. Yes, I am a dealer for several brands and do lessons, however there is far more information on my site than stuff for sale, and it's always been the 'go-to' resource site for local kiters anyway. I provide the space, the know how, and the support via my website free to everyone, and do not make a dime from advertising or charging for listings. If anything, it would take away a LOT of potential customers.:D

I see it as a friendly thing to do, and as a way to promote responsible selling. I had a couple of calls about used gear and was able to give them a quick rundown of the (Cabrinha) kites that people had listed. Can't do that all the time of course and I don't sell Cabs, but when someone calls, it's nice to be able to help them find exactly what they're looking for, whether I am making a buck or not.

There is also a Lost and Found section for lost gear, and since nobody really uses forums that much anymore, it's nice to be able to get the word out to a large network of kiting friends with photos, description, contact info, etc.

Funny enough, I went to share this idea over at Kiteforum, and the Tobmeister says it "takes too much traffic from his site". He's also not willing to sell me a banner ad either, so I must be doing something right... :lol:

www.kiteboardingtampabay.com
kiteboardingtampabay

Postby kiteboardingtampabay » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:57 am

Here's an article with tips for buying kiteboarding gear online:

http://kiteboardingtampabay.com/tips-for-buying-kiteboarding-gear-online.html

Happy Kiting!
www.kiteboardingtampabay.biz
kiteboardingtampabay

Return to Industry News & Promotions