Buy and Sell Your Gear via Facebook

Stay tuned in on kiteboarding gear demos, the latest gear releases, events, and local shop promotions.

Buy and Sell Your Gear via Facebook

Postby kiteboardingtampabay » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:47 pm

Thanks for your support!
Kiteboarding Tampa Bay (813) 389-3683
www.kiteboardingtampabay.com
Last edited by kiteboardingtampabay on Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
kiteboardingtampabay

Postby Addicted2it » Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:16 pm

Looks like a retail site to me.
Addicted2it

Postby kiteboardingtampabay » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:54 pm

I had a link to my online store on that page, but removed it to avoid confusion as something commercial. Yes, I am a dealer for several brands and do lessons, however there is far more information on my site than stuff for sale, and it's always been the 'go-to' resource site for local kiters anyway. I provide the space, the know how, and the support via my website free to everyone, and do not make a dime from advertising or charging for listings. If anything, it would take away a LOT of potential customers.:D

I see it as a friendly thing to do, and as a way to promote responsible selling. I had a couple of calls about used gear and was able to give them a quick rundown of the (Cabrinha) kites that people had listed. Can't do that all the time of course and I don't sell Cabs, but when someone calls, it's nice to be able to help them find exactly what they're looking for, whether I am making a buck or not.

There is also a Lost and Found section for lost gear, and since nobody really uses forums that much anymore, it's nice to be able to get the word out to a large network of kiting friends with photos, description, contact info, etc.

Funny enough, I went to share this idea over at Kiteforum, and the Tobmeister says it "takes too much traffic from his site". He's also not willing to sell me a banner ad either, so I must be doing something right... :lol:

www.kiteboardingtampabay.com
kiteboardingtampabay

Postby kiteboardingtampabay » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:57 am

Here's an article with tips for buying kiteboarding gear online:

http://kiteboardingtampabay.com/tips-for-buying-kiteboarding-gear-online.html

Happy Kiting!
www.kiteboardingtampabay.biz
kiteboardingtampabay

Return to Industry News, Gear & Promotions / Events