Core Kites - Great Lakes Demos Center

Stay tuned in on kiteboarding gear demos, the latest gear releases, events, and local shop promotions.

Core Kites - Great Lakes Demos Center

Postby robertoawvillate » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:01 pm

Come try some new 2012 Core XR2 Kites and the new Sensor Control Bar.

The new kites are even nicer than the last series from Core. See for yourself.

The new Sensor bar is super light and super simple ? but has lots of nice features.

Core Kites ? everything you would expect in German quality and engineering throughout!

Contact me to set up a appointment or catch me at the beach and go for a ride with Core!

Core Kites Great Lakes Demo Center based in Muskegon, MI
Other locations possible when we're chasing the wind and waves

Roberto
cel 847.477.2976
email [email protected]

for details on Core products you can visit their website at
http://www.corekites.com/
robertoawvillate

Postby robertoawvillate » Tue May 01, 2012 10:21 pm

We're running a demo center in West Michigan - come out and try some CORE kites. Recent test drives on the new 15mXR2 LW and some rider comments from a few days ago below. (My comments appear in italics)

"I test rode the core 15 in 15-19 knots* and it flew great throughout this range with room to grow in either direction." (* our local wind instrument was giving these numbers, but it's the general consenus here that the readings are consistently 2-3 kts high with the scenario we had that day)

"The Core 15lw is a fun light to medium wind kite." (this guy said it turns as fast or faster than his 11m kite)

"The kite has great turning speed and what is most impressive is how it carries its power through the turns, smooth and effortless." (this guy was doing kite-looping flips and rotations effortlessly within moments of hitting the water. Although we did not have any waves that day he rode downwind real hard to see how the kite would "float" and he said it would defo work well in waves

"Throw on the 3m extensions and it gets about a meter of more power, just slightly slowing the turning response."

"I am used to a little more throw in the bar for maximum depower but this kite has very comfortable depower and relaxed bar pressure." (He also commented that the depower adjustment was surprisingly effortless and smooth - and he said the kite responded very well at full depower)

"For jumping this 15 has nice lift and good float for smooth landings." - when I told him how the "intelligent bridle system" works he said "Yeah, that explains why it felt like it was literally flying higher when I pumped during the jumps". There is a Crre video that shows this.

"Its an easy kite to setup with uninhibited pressure when pumping it up." (I love this new inflate system..so easy and simple...surprised it hasn't been done before)

"Killer looking kite with great flying characteristics." (When I first started riing CORE kites a few years ago I wondered why they only come in one color scheme. If you watch their video about how the kites are made it makes sense - put more into the quality of materials and quality control of construction and keep the graphics simple)

A few of my own observations:
The struts are fairly slender, and the leading edge is not massive...but this 15m really has a nice rigid canopy shape. The bridles are nice and simple and there are multiple adjustment points to tune for your personal preference. We had it on the middle settings all around.

We had the 8m XR2 out a few days before. It was blowing 30-35 and this was definitely the upper limit for me at 160#. I'll be reporting more on the different sizes as we get them out in more conditions.

Also, the Sensor bar is super light, super simple, really great spinning C-loop.

robertoawvillate

Postby dogfearless » Mon May 07, 2012 3:46 pm

Good job! How you guys doing up there?
Regards
dogfearless

Postby robertoawvillate » Tue May 08, 2012 12:04 am

Going pretty well here, water warming up a bit, liking the Spring conditions...which we seem to have had all winter...but sunlight now well past 8pm making for nice late sessions...enjoying the new Core gear for sure.
robertoawvillate

Postby robertoawvillate » Tue May 15, 2012 1:13 am

Some fun testing the other day with the XR2 15 LW in 12-15 kts and 120cm twin tip board

robertoawvillate

Return to Industry News, Gear & Promotions / Events